Community Event: FUNdraising Event for Yolande Henry Community Fund
A FUNdraising Event for the Yolande Henry Community Fund (YHCF):
September 9, 2023 from 10am-5pm at the Winston Prouty Center in Brattleboro, VT
(Flyer Attached – 2 Pages, see below)
Morning Workshops (in ASL):
- Ian Sanborn – Developing Confidence Through the Lens of Performance (for interpreters – CEUs available!)
- Brattleboro Area Hospice/Secrest & Darrow Law – Advanced Directives & Wills (for DHHDB)
(Open to the Public – ASL with spoken English interpretation provided)
- Ian Sanborn
- René Pellerin
Event hosts this year:
- Deaf Vermonters Advocacy Services (DVAS)
- Vancro Integrated Interpreting Services (VIIS)
- Vermont Center for Independent Living (VCIL)
- Association of Sign Language Vermonters (ASLVTers)
The purposes of this event are three-fold:
- Fundraise for the YHCF, which provides interpreting services for events that are not typically supported under ADA.
- Provide educational opportunities for our DHHDB and interpreting community.
- Celebrate our DHHDB and interpreting community via One-Man-Performances by two highly regarded and local Deaf performers.
QR Codes on flyers not your thing? We got you covered. Link to the ASL video is above, and the link to register is (HERE). Currently, the registration form is only accepting sign-up for workshops. We will let you know when reservations for performances are being accepted.
Hope to see you there!
~YHCF Fall Event Planning Committee