Who's Your Person... What's Your Plan?
A wellness program for businesses and organizations to support employees in planning for their future health care needs.
Benefits of Advance Care Planning
Studies have shown that support for advance care planning in the workplace:
- Helps employees prepare for sudden or progressive illness.
- Improves the quality of care employees receive.
- Demonstrates business commitment to employee wellness.
- Reduces costs. By empowering employees to plan for and direct their future care, research shows that individuals often choose a less expensive course—resulting in lower healthcare costs for all.
Why Should Businesses Get Involved?
As a business, you spend a lot of time and money ensuring your employees have access to healthcare benefits and wellness programs. For many staff, a few key components are often missing – completing documents to appoint a decision-maker and to outline health goals and treatment preferences in the event of incapacity. When people plan ahead for their future care, research shows that they often choose a less intensive and less expensive course, resulting in lower health care costs.
Did you know?
- Advance Care Planning is not just for the 50+ crowd!
- An accident or serious illness can happen to anyone, at any time, at any age.
- In Vermont, it is not automatically a person’s next of kin (spouse, parent, adult sibling, etc.) who can make decisions if a person is unable to speak for themselves.
- Everyone 18 years of age or over should take the first step and choose the person(s) they trust to make medical decisions for them in the event of a health crisis.
Schedule a Training
Take the First Step in Helping Your Employees Plan for Their Future Healthcare Needs
Our trained facilitators are available to deliver a presentation to your employees, volunteers or community group. To schedule a training, please complete this form. To discuss partnership opportunities or request further information, contact Sarah Brown, Project Manager.