Who's Your Person? ...
What's Your Plan?
A collaborative, collective impact initiative in Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties, working to:
- Partner with local businesses and organizations to provide information and educational opportunities for staff and employees to plan for future medical decisions.
- Encourage everyone who is 18 years of age or older to take the first step in the advance care planning process and appoint a health care agent.
- Engage the community in discussing and planning for future health care needs.
- Normalize conversations about health care values, preferences and priorities.
Why Partner With Businesses?
Support for advance care planning in the workplace:
- Helps employees prepare for sudden or progressive illness.
- Improves quality of care employees receive.
- Demonstrates business commitment to employee wellness.
- Reduces costs. By empowering employees to plan for and direct their future care, research shows that individuals often choose a less expensive course—resulting in lower healthcare costs for all.
Schedule a Training
Our trained network of facilitators is available to deliver a presentation to your employees, volunteers or community group. Thanks to a generous grant from the University of Vermont Medical Center, there is currently no charge associated with these trainings or services. To schedule a training, or for additional information or materials, contact our Project Manager, Sarah Brown.
What is advance care planning?
Learn more about Health Care Decisions & Advance Directives
Tools to document health decisions:
Advance Care Planning Forms
- Who’s Your Person?… What’s Your Plan?: A Stepwise Approach to Advance Care Planning Brochure
- Appointing a Health Care Agent: Take the First Step Brochure